We’re a volunteer-run, non-profit organization that promotes contra dancing and contra dance musicians/callers in Canada’s national capital. During the dance season (September – June), the Old Sod Society holds around three dances a month. We also organize the occasional special event such as an annual dance weekend (Hey Fever!), workshops dances, and concerts.
So who’s on the contra board now? They are…
- Julie Bishop – President, Season programming, Hey Fever!
- Catherine Burns – Treasurer, Hey Fever!
- Stephen Gabe – Secretary, Website, Outreach, Hey Fever!
- Jane Stallabrass – Director, Board chair, Outreach
- Lynne Curle – Director, Season programming, Hey Fever!
- Maura Volante – Director, Social Convener, Potlucks, Outreach
- Dawn Schultze – Director, Volunteer coordinator
- Neville Miller – Director, Concerts, Folk at the Oak
- Peter – Director, Callers Coordinator