Contra dances are fast paced and require dancers to follow the caller’s instructions independently. Young people ages 12 and up would be comfortable at our contra dances (under 15 yr admission is free), but some kids as young as 7 or 8 catch on and join the fun.
Family dances are great for young families, especially those ages 0-7! Even babies can participate in carriers.
Why come to a family dance?
- Parents/adults dancing with kids!
- Fantastic LIVE celtic/quebecois music.
- Easy, fun dances all taught by a caller.
- Absolutely no experience necessary.
- Move your body to rhythms
- Feel community connections
- Meet new friends
Time: 3:30-5 pm
Admission: (including HST)
$20 for a family (max 2 adults)
$10 for anyone 16 yrs and above
$5 for 3-15 yrs old
free 0-2 yrs old
Potluck: Optional potluck after each dance. Great way to mingle with other families. Please bring a dish to share with list of ingredients, as well as plates, cups and cutlery to save on disposable plastic.