Become a Member!
Membership is a way for dancers to help the Ottawa dances grow and thrive. Through membership, dancers not only support the financial aspects of contra dancing in Ottawa but also the social and organizational aspects as they are able and interested.
Advantages of being a member:
- $2 off every regular contra dance and special afternoon dances (some other dance events are based on donations).
- Ottawa contra dance name button that you can wear at our dances or when you travel to dance weekends.
- Two free passes to give to friends who are first time dance attendees.
- Contributing to the vibrancy of contra dancing in Ottawa. :)
There are two levels of membership (both include HST):
- Regular level for $35 ($25 after Jan 1st, 2020), and
- Sustaining level for $55, if you really like what Ottawa Contra is doing and wish to give us a little extra financial support.
No matter which level membership suits you, we are very happy to have you join!
How to become a member:
- Download the membership form OR fill one out at a dance.
- Pay by cash or cheque at the dance, or by cheque if you want to mail your membership in. Cheques should be made payable to 'Old Sod Folk Music Society' with the name of the member joining clearly marked on the cheque. If you are mailing your cheque, send it to Catherine Burns, 23 Warren Ave, Ottawa ON, K1Y 0R9.
Membership covers the dance season year from September 2019 to August 2020.
You may also want to consider buying a season pass, which includes membership. More information about this option is available on our Season Pass page.
Members often enjoy taking on some contra volunteer tasks. Want to know more about volunteering? Check out our Volunteer page.