All our dances and concerts depend on our wonderful volunteers - we really can't do it without you! We will train and help you, so don't be shy - get involved, get connected.
- Meet new people and get to know your fellow dancers better
- Feel part of an active, energetic community
- It's easy - an hour of your time can help
- Contribute your talents, knowledge, and skills
- Participate in decisions about our dance community
- Have fun!
What can I do?
Dances and Workshops We need at least 16 volunteers for every dance - an hour of your time is all it takes. Ask to be added to our volunteer email list and let us know how you'd like to be involved: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Floor Manager (1): Responsible for the whole evening from start to finish. (free entry)
- Sound Assistant (1): Helps the Sound person set up sound equipment; this role requires training. (free entry)
- Set-up Assistant (1): Helps the Floor Manager set up the hall. (free entry)
- Door Welcomers (8): Greets dancers at door, takes payment.
- Shoe Police (1): Makes sure that those arriving have clean shoes to enter the hall.
- Refreshments (1): Buys and sets out the refreshments, ensures the refreshment station is organized and replenished, and cleans up containers at end of dance (if possible).
- Tear-down (2+): Helps the Floor Manager and other willing dancers to put everything away.
- Social convener: Liaises with local restaurants for after dance social time; organizes set-up and clean-up for scheduled potluck dinners
- Special events: Special events like our Hey Fever! dance weekend and annual Ball take a little more creative work - we need your help selecting a theme, decorating the hall, special refreshments etc.
Promote and grow our community Are you an ideas or action person? We need skills in creative marketing, community outreach, social media and web development, email list management, event planning, etc. Our Outreach Committee meets monthly and we're passionate about keeping our dance community vibrant and growing! Contact email@example.com to get involved. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Board Do you see the big picture and like strategic thinking/planning? Do you have experience from other dance communities you'd like to share? Ask about joining our Board - we meet monthly to brainstorm, problem solve, and share input about the many aspects of our dance community. Contact email@example.com.