One of the best ways to get to know people in the Ottawa contra dance community is to volunteer!
Any amount of your time is appreciated – as little as two hours a year or on a regular basis… whatever your interest.
- Meet new people and get to know your fellow dancers better
- Feel part of an active, energetic community
- It’s easy – an hour of your time can help
- Contribute your talents, knowledge, and skills
- Participate in decisions about our dance community
- Have fun!
What can I do?
- Volunteer an hour or so at any dance/workshop: It takes at least 10-14 volunteers to run every dance – everything from providing refreshments to hall set up and take down to taking admissions at the door.
- Support special events: Special events like our Hey Fever dance weekend and annual Ball take a little more work – organizing, decorating, special refreshments etc. Let us know if you want to be involved.
- Participate on the Contra Dance Board: Are you a strategic thinker and decision maker? Join our friendly Board. We meet monthly to discuss program planning, outreach, finances, etc. as well as each participating on sub-committee projects.
How do I get started?
Contact our volunteer coordinator (email@example.com) for information.
Ask to be on the volunteer email list and respond to our regular call for volunteers at dances.